Monday, 21 March 2016

Unit 24 - Pre-Production report

Once the finalised scripts were handed in it was a matter of selecting which ones were to be made into films. Once all nine selected films were chosen it was matter of which student did what. We were then told to write a letter asking for what position we wanted to perform during production.


Personally I requested to be a Boom microphone operator because I felt that since it wasn't my film I should stay out of the way.


My job during the Pre-Production was to create a sound folly, which is a list of background sounds in scenes or what sounds would need to be where. I also took up the task of seeing what props would be needed for which scenes they would be required in.


I was one of the first finished with my own work when I helped with the others such as filling out the risk assessments.
as soon as most of the Pre-production work was done we started the auditioning process for the actors.


Once the actors had been cast for both movies I worked on. we used several of the same actors in both films so that made it slightly easier. we needed to prepare the make-up for them which included werewolf fur, zombies (Scarred and pale skin).


The day that all of the Pre-Production paperwork was finished was on the first day of filming. because of the Director for the first film (Adam Mclean)  really didn't care about the paperwork. much to the chagrin of myself, Honey Louise Ryan (director for Oblivious and assistant director for Shadows that walk among us) and Kelsey Ellington (Assistant Director for Oblivious and Production co-ordinator for Shadows that walk among us.)


All in all the Pre-Production process was good but could have been better.

No comments:

Post a Comment