The theme of the project was Christmas adverts which
were intended to test our skills for narrative creativity and editing skills.
We developed our ideas by group discussion such
where and when we should film the adverts. Our work didn’t change throughout
the project by much. Although we did change our shots to fit the location we
were shooting at.
I don’t believe that the research materials I
provided assisted the project much because I researched copyright although I
did help with the health and safety slightly. I think I should have done a lot
more to assist the project both in pre and post production of the advert.
Other examples I looked at were the Christmas
adverts that John Lewis has released over the years such as “Monty the Penguin”
or “Man on the Moon” so that I could understand the types of techniques that
were used in them.
The techniques that were used included slow focus,
and panning shots with a mixture of long and mid shots.
My skills have not developed much during this
project. Because most of the time I stood in the background making sure
everything technical was working right such as the tripod and camera. While my
team mates worked with the cast member.
The aspects of my studies I wish I further explored
was my research I feel like I should have done more of it and took a greater
part in gathering the research.
The decision to do the shoot on one day and in one
location I think was good in concept but I think that if it was done over two
days we could have gotten better shots as the child actor we used kept smiling
during filming
The meanings and messages I wanted to convey is that
no one should be left alone on Christmas.
I am mostly happy with the final piece however it is
without music and the logos aren’t exactly accurate. To the proper adverts but
that’s minor.
I think I would change the layout of the advert
and maybe use a different actor. Because the one we used as previously stated
kept smiling while we were filming.
No comments:
Post a Comment